Training: Anaerobic Purification
Anaerobic water treatment has been gaining popularity in recent years. This is mainly due to its advantages over conventional water treatment techniques, such as low energy costs, reduced sludge production, and the ability to convert organic waste into biogas. It is, therefore, a sustainable, cost-effective, and environmentally friendly solution for water purification and waste management, increasingly being employed in industries such as the food and beverage industry, the chemical industry, and the paper and pulp industry.
- You understand and can interpret the composition of wastewater based on specific characteristics: removal of organic substances, importance of fatty acids.
- You comprehend the advantages and disadvantages of anaerobic water treatment compared to conventional aerobic water treatment.
- You can interpret the operation of an anaerobic water treatment based on process characteristics.
- You can evaluate and optimize the quality of anaerobic sludge.
- You can assess the possibilities of taking corrective actions during process malfunctions.
- You understand potential air emissions and technical solutions to limit them.
Content of the training
The composition of wastewater
In this section, we will teach you how analytical data on wastewater should be properly assessed. The parameters covered include, among others: dissolved versus solid particles, organic versus inorganic particles, pH, volatile fatty acids, H2S, methane, and more.
We provide an overview of the various microbiological processes that are relevant in the anaerobic water purification process. We explain how to respond to these processes to maintain a stable operation, optimize sludge quality, and avoid disruptions.
Anaerobic water treatment plant
This section provides an overview of the essential components of an anaerobic water purification system and how they may vary across different types of reactors.
Are you interested in this training or do you wish to receive more information? Please contact Kristof Van Acker at the number +32 (0) 473 13 63 81 or via email. Download all details regarding the General Terms and Conditions. Take advantage of the SME portfolio and save on your training. Witteveen+Bos has accreditation number DV.O229170.
In addition to this training on anaerobe purification, we also organize other training sessions. These cover the control of physicochemical purification systems, microscopic examination of activated sludge, in-house training, and more. Contact us for all the details.