New subsidy system for renewable energy projects from 2021
From 2021, the Flemish government will change its support for the production of renewable energy. The current system of green energy certificates will be replaced by one-time investment aid.
This new regulation comes into effect in April 2021, specifically for the following green energy installations:
- solar panel installations with a capacity between 40 kW and 2 MW
- wind turbines with a maximum capacity of 300 kW
Apply for investment aid via call system
From 2021, applications for financial aid in connection with renewable energy projects will be managed using a call system, in which the best performing projects are supported.
Applying for investment aid requires thorough preparation and an analysis of your project’s business case. For this reason, we would like to clarify the process for you by going through the basics.
- Perform a design and business case analysis of the project
- Determine how much aid to request in light of the desired financial return
- In doing this, take into consideration the maximum aid amounts per technology type
- Also keep in mind competition among different projects
- Thoroughly prepare your application file
- Submit your file via the Flemish Energy Agency’s online application
Once your file has been submitted, the government will order all applications based on the requested amount of aid. The allocation of investment aid will start at the lowest requested amount and continue upwards until the subsidy budget has been exhausted. Within two months of a call being closed, you will be advised of the decision regarding allocation of aid.
Maximise your chance of success
Would you also like to apply for government support of your green energy project (solar panels or wind turbines) in the coming years? The next call is planned for 1 until 30 April 2021.
We advise you to prepare your aid application thoroughly in order to increase your chance of success. Could you use our help with this? Contact us. We would be more than happy to help you start getting the most out of your investment.