Employment conditions

Witteveen+Bos offers its employees a comprehensive package of employment conditions. A good work-life balance is a central consideration in these.


We offer you a market-standard salary based on your level of education and work experience. Salaries are paid out in twelve monthly instalments; your holiday allowance is equal to 8 % of your annual salary. This salary is reviewed each year as part of a regular process that takes your development and performance into consideration.

Annual leave

All full-time employees are entitled to a minimum of 28.5 days of annual leave each year. We also offer you the opportunity to purchase twelve additional annual leave days per year. Under certain conditions, it’s also possible to ‘sell’ annual leave you receive that is above the statutory entitlement.

Profit sharing

Our company employs a profit-sharing scheme. Everyone contributes to Witteveen+Bos’s success so everyone gets to share in it. Employees who excel in any way may also qualify for a bonus.


Witteveen+Bos belongs entirely to its employees. We don’t mean that in a figurative sense; we’re referring to the company’s ownership structure. All company shares are owned by employees. Any employee with a permanent contract can become a co-owner of the company and, eventually, possibly even a (senior) partner. This offers prospects to employees with a longer-term view of their careers and can be a decisive factor for choosing to work at Witteveen+Bos.

Pension fund

We have our own pension fund. From age 18, employees accrue a pension. As well as an old age pension, the scheme includes a partner’s and a surviving children’s pension as well as a provision to cover the gap in the National Survivor Benefits Act (the ‘Anw-hiaat’). Witteveen+Bos pays 64 % of the pension contributions and you pay the remaining 36 %. In connection with our pension recovery plan, no distribution of profits takes place.

Work full-time or part-time

A full-time working week at Witteveen+Bos consists of 40 hours. You can also choose to work part-time.

Sickness and health

Witteveen+Bos attaches great importance to the health of its employees. This is reflected in a comprehensive package of health and safety measures. A collective health insurance policy, for example, has been taken out with health insurer CZ. This offers you a discount on the pension contributions for basic and supplementary insurance policies, with Witteveen+Bos-specific agreements applying to a number of allowances and reimbursements.

Other allowances and reimbursements

We have reimbursement schemes for commuting and other work-related travel. We also offer an NS Business Card for travel by public transport.

Study opportunities

Witteveen+Bos offers its employees the opportunity to develop their technical skills through training courses or courses of study. Our employment conditions support this with a study scheme that covers course costs and examination fees and provides for additional leave. As well as external training opportunities, we offer an extensive range of internal courses.