- start-up team
- international expertise
Do you want to be part of a team transforming the future with walking, cycling, and climate action?
As part of our start-up team, your responsibilities will range from the mundane to the sublime including supporting in the smooth running of the day-to-day office, assisting with tenders and proposals, ensuring regular payments are made in an orderly fashion, coordinating meetings, workshops and liaising with Dutch colleagues. This will be balanced by the fun stuff like finding a nice way to celebrate birthdays, Christmas, being part of and co-shaping team events. There is potential to shape this position to suit your own personal development. Please give us some first ideas in your cover letter about why and how this could be an appealing job for you. This job is based in our Bristol office in King Street and is preferably part-time.
The core of our Witteveen+Bos UK activities are walking & cycling infrastructure design and climate action plans. We are part of the Dutch engineering consultancy Witteveen+Bos which has sustainability and innovation at its heart. The company is just over 1100 people strong, and staff-owned with 8 offices in the Netherlands and 10 worldwide. We collaborate with our Dutch colleagues in Utrecht, Amsterdam and Deventer who are international experts in the fields of regional cycle routes, active green cities, waste water innovation, CO2 & life cycle analysis, nature-based solutions and energy transition.
What we ask
- Minimum degree requirement related to walking, cycling, transport, engineering, sustainability, waste water or equivalent other qualification;
- Demonstrated relevant work experience;
- A professional interest in topics such as walking, cycling, active cities, waste water innovation and climate action is essential;
- Additional skills in writing, communication, graphics or stakeholder engagement are desirable.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Variety, versatility and room for entrepreneurship in our start-up team;
- Cooperation with (international) experts in walking, cycling and sustainability;
- An annual trip to the Netherlands;
- Possibility of becoming a shareholder of the company;
Who we are
Witteveen+Bos is a specialist Dutch Engineering Consultancy with a focus on sustainable design including nature-based infrastructure, public transport, energy transition, and circular design (https://www.witteveenbos.com/). The company motto is “Engineering is peoples work”, meaning that we understand that infrastructure should have societal and environmental as well as technical benefits. We apply sustainable principles from the UN sustainable development goals to all of our projects. Highlights from 2018 include completion of the new North-South metro line in Amsterdam, and our CEO Karin Sluis being nominated the ACE European CEO of the year.
If you are interested in this job, please apply online submitting your CV and a covering letter. To discuss the position please contact Ms. J.M. (Jess) Read (email@example.com, 07718 646 883) Vacancy number NL00347
No agencies please.