- versatile role
- international cooperation
Vacancy Panamá city
Can you help our front office Panamá navigate all administrative requirements in the region?
As part of our start-up team of the new front office Panamá, your responsibilities will range from the mundane to the sublime including supporting in the smooth running of the day-to-day office, assisting with tenders and proposals, ensuring regular payments are made in an orderly fashion, coordinating meetings and workshops and liaising with Dutch colleagues. This will be balanced by the fun stuff like finding a nice way to celebrate birthdays, cultural events, being part of and co-shaping team events. There is potential to shape this position to suit your own personal development. Please give us some first ideas in your cover letter about why and how this could be an appealing job for you. This job is based in our new front office in Panamá-City.
Panamá is centrally located in the region, has good direct connections and a favorable business climate for international companies. The front office Panamá will fulfill a regional function for Latin America and the Caribbean. In this region, Witteveen+Bos will focus on ports, delta technology, water technology and resilient cities. We are part of the Dutch engineering consultancy Witteveen+Bos which has sustainability and innovation at its heart. We collaborate with our Dutch colleagues in Utrecht, Rotterdam and Deventer who are international experts in the focus items mentioned above.
What we ask
- a completed BSc degree in office management related fields;
- a minimum of 5 years relevant working experience as an office manager for a large Panamanian or international firm;
- full proficiency in English and Spanish. Portuguese as an additional language is considered a plus;
- to be able to work both in a team and independent, with right and enough communication internally;
- to be able to start up all administrative tasks of the office in cooperation with Dutch departments;
- to be able to start up and run all other occurring tasks of the office knowing the local way of doing and in cooperation with Dutch departments;
- excellent writing, analyzing and presentation skills;
- a cooperative and flexible working attitude.
What we offer
- cooperation with international colleagues in multidisciplinary teams;
- multidisciplinary and challenging projects;
- room for initiative and responsibility;
- salary in line with the market and good secondary terms of employment;
- possibility to join our equity participation system.
Who we are
Witteveen+Bos is an international consultancy and engineering firm offering solutions to complex engineering and social issues in the fields of water, infrastructure, the environment and construction. We aim to work on a high-end, international engineering level. Our staff of more than 1100 employees work in multidisciplinary project teams on fascinating projects all over the world. Our work requires high level expertise and an eye for quality. We therefore consider personal and professional development essential to the success of our company and we facilitate this development. We also offer abundant room for personal initiative and entrepreneurship
If you are interested in this position starting from April 2020, apply online now. For further information about this vacancy, please contact Mr P. (Paul) Ravenstijn MSc., managing director of the front office Panamá, telephone +31-6-20942916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Vacancy number NL00371