- dynamic start-up office
- international cooperation
Vacancy Panamá city
Have you got what it takes to help connect the first-class knowledge and expertise of Witteveen+Bos with clients and engineering projects in the region?
As part of our start-up team of the new front office Panamá, your responsibilities will range from the mundane to the sublime including following the market and clients of the focus items and develop a market strategy for them in Latin America and the Caribbean. You will visit these clients and projects, produce competitive and preferably winning tenders and proposals for them and liaise with Dutch colleagues. This will be combined with internal coordination about the market strategy, project management and various forms of knowledge transfer within Panamá. There is potential to shape this position to suit your own personal development. Please give us some first ideas in your cover letter about why and how this could be an appealing job for you. You will be based in our new front office in Panamá City but will be occasionally required to travel in the region.
Panamá is centrally located in the region, has good direct connections and a favorable business climate for international companies. The front office Panamá will fulfill a regional function for Latin America and the Caribbean. In this region, Witteveen+Bos will focus on ports, delta technology, water technology and resilient cities. We are part of the Dutch engineering consultancy Witteveen+Bos which has sustainability and innovation at its heart. We collaborate with our Dutch colleagues in Utrecht, Rotterdam and Deventer who are international experts in the focus items mentioned above.
- a completed MSc or BSc degree in delta technology (civil engineering, geological/geotechnical engineering, hydraulic engineering, coastal engineering and/or water management) or water technology (drinking water, waste water and/or industrial water);
- a minimum of 10 years relevant working experience in Panamá and several Latin American countries;
- ability to independently perform business development;
- full proficiency in English and Spanish. Portuguese as an additional language is considered a plus;
- in possession of relevant network;
- excellent writing, analyzing and presentation skills;
- a cooperative and flexible working attitude.
- cooperation with international colleagues in multidisciplinary teams;
- multidisciplinary and challenging projects;
- room for initiative and responsibility;
- salary in line with the market and good secondary terms of employment;
- possibility to join our equity participation system.
Witteveen+Bos is an international consultancy and engineering firm offering solutions to complex engineering and social issues in the fields of water, infrastructure, the environment and construction. We aim to work on a high-end, international engineering level. Our staff of more than 1100 employees work in multidisciplinary project teams on fascinating projects all over the world. Our work requires high level expertise and an eye for quality. We therefore consider personal and professional development essential to the success of our company and we facilitate this development. We also offer abundant room for personal initiative and entrepreneurship
If you are interested in this position starting from April 2020, apply online now. For further information about this vacancy, please contact Mr P. (Paul) Ravenstijn MSc., managing director of the front office Panamá, telephone +31-6-20942916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Vacancy number NL00370