- Working with topexperts
- Contributing to icon projects like the Oosterweelverbinding in Antwerp
- Culture of entrepreneurship and trust
Vacancy Amsterdam, Deventer
Geotechnical consultant Underground infrastructure
Would you like to be the geotechnical brain behind groundbreaking underground engineering works?
We offer you this opportunity in the position of geotechnical consultant. In this position, you are responsible for geotechnical consulting in mainly multidisciplinary civil engineering projects. You provide advice on the geotechnical design and construction of underground engineering works in the Netherlands or abroad. Depending on your interests and the availability of projects, you can also be involved in hydraulic engineering projects. You incorporate state-of-the-art technology in your advice. You are also engaged in making geotechnical calculations. You perform this work for all project phases from the initial studies to the final implementation. You work at the cutting edge of geotechnology and structures. Depending on your interests, there are plenty of opportunities to develop your potential within our organisation, both in the direction of specialist and project manager. You are based in Amsterdam. Posting abroad is one of the options.
Within the product-market combination (PMC) Underground infrastructure, around 25 geotechnical engineers work on challenging geotechnical issues. In addition, around 30 geotechnical engineers work in our PMC Hydraulic Engineering and geotechnology. Examples of projects to which we make an important contribution are the Oosterweelverbinding in Antwerp, the Blankenburgverbinding in Zuid-Holland, Zuidasdok in Amsterdam, the Noord/Zuidlijn in Amsterdam and Spoorzone Delft. In response to the promising growth of our consulting activities, we are looking for new colleagues.
What we ask
- a completed university in civil engineering;
- recently graduated or several years’ work experience;
- affinity with underground infrastructure;
- native dutch level speaker;
- an analytical, enterprising and ambitious attitude;
- good communication skills.
What we offer
- cooperation with young and enthusiastic colleagues in multidisciplinary teams;
- multifaceted and challenging projects;
- room for initiative and responsibility;
- excellent supervision and a wide range of internal and external study programmes;
- special training programme for recent graduates, the Starter's Programme;
- salary in line with the market and good secondary terms of employment;
- possibility to join our equity participation system.
Who we are
Witteveen+Bos is an international consultancy and engineering firm offering solutions to complex engineering and social issues in the fields of water, infrastructure, the environment and construction. We aim to work on a high-end, international engineering level. Our staff of more than 1100 employees work in multidisciplinary project teams on fascinating projects all over the world. Our work requires high level expertise and an eye for quality. We therefore consider personal and professional development essential to the success of our company and we facilitate this development. We also offer abundant room for personal initiative and entrepreneurship
If you are interested in this position, apply online now. For further information about this vacancy, please contact Mr R.E.P. (Richard) de Nijs, group leader Underground building and geotechnical design, telephone 020 312 55 16 or Mr F.J. (Frank) Kaalberg, PMC leader Underground infrastructure, telephone 020 312 55 73. Vacancy number 216-131.