Vacancy Panamá city
Water technology, sanitation and IWRM consultant
Have you got what it takes to help connect the first-class knowledge and expertise of Witteveen+Bos with clients and engineering projects in Latin America?
As part of our team of the front office Panama you are the linking pin between the main office in the Netherlands and the Latin American market. Your combined skills on technical expertise in the water technology, sanitation and IWRM (Integrated Water Resource Management) domain and commercial capabilities will be your key assets to help us broaden our consultancy and engineering services in the region. You will liaise with colleagues from our worldwide offices, visit regional clients and projects and produce competitive and preferably winning tenders and proposals. You will contribute to the internal coordination processes about the market strategy, project management and various forms of knowledge transfer within Panama. There is potential to shape this position to suit your own personal development. We are very interested in receiving your first ideas in your cover letter about why and how this could be an appealing job for you. You will be based in our front office in Panama City but will be occasionally required to travel in the region.
Witteveen+Bos has a front office in Panama City, that fulfills a regional function for Latin America and the Caribbean. In this region, Witteveen+Bos focuses on ports, delta technology, water technology and sanitation, and resilient cities. We are part of the Dutch engineering consultancy firm Witteveen+Bos which has sustainability and innovation at its heart. The company has more than 1,400 employees, and is employee-owned with 8 offices in the Netherlands and 13 worldwide.
What we ask
- a completed MSc or BSc degree in water technology and sanitation (drinking water, waste water, industrial water and / or sanitation) and / or IWRM (Integrated Water Resource Management);
- a minimum of 10 years relevant working experience in Panamá, Colombia and / or several Latin American countries;
- ability to independently perform business development;
- full professional proficiency in English and Spanish. Portuguese proficiency is considered a plus;
- in possession of relevant network in water technology and sanitation in Panama, Colombia and/or several other Latin American countries;
- excellent writing, analyzing and presentation skills;
- a cooperative and flexible working attitude.
What we offer
- Cooperation with enthusiastic colleagues in multidisciplinary teams;
- Ample room for personal and professional development;
- Wide range of internal and external training courses;
- Salary commensurate with market standards and good secondary benefits;
- Multidisciplinary and challenging projects;
- Room for initiative and responsibility;
- Possibility to join our equity participation system.
Who we are
Witteveen+Bos is an international consultancy and engineering firm offering solutions to complex engineering and social issues in the fields of water, infrastructure, the environment and construction. We aim to work on a high-end, international engineering level. Our staff of more than 1100 employees work in multidisciplinary project teams on fascinating projects all over the world. Our work requires high level expertise and an eye for quality. We therefore consider personal and professional development essential to the success of our company and we facilitate this development. We also offer abundant room for personal initiative and entrepreneurship
If you are interested in this position starting from January 2023 apply online now. For further information about this vacancy, please contact Mr P. (Paul) Ravenstijn MSc., managing director of the front office Panama, telephone +31-6-20942916 (whatsapp) or +507-67704945 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.