- Design the electrical installations for innovative treatment plants
- Work in multidisciplinary teams with mechanical engineers and IT specialists
- A lot of room for taking initiative and responsibility
Vacancy Amsterdam, Breda, The Hague, Deventer, Heerenveen, Rotterdam
Do you want to play your role in building a greener future and a better world? And keep growing and developing yourself in your career?
As electrical engineer you will be working in multidisciplinary teams on design and specification of treatment plants. You are responsible for drawing up the electrical installations in a project. For that purpose you will be designing the energy supply and distribution and machinery power supply. You also will be carrying out cable calculations, decide on instrumentation to be used and the control system necessary to achieve at the decided treatment capacity. For Tennet stations and distribution system operators you will work on primary and secondary systems, for example the security and control of an individual station or an automated process. We also optimize existing systems and conduct research with the aim to make evidence based design choices.
Examples of projects we work on are the design of Energy Factory Hengelo (enhancement of sustainable energy production in an existing wastewater treatment plant), the design of a new wastewater treatment plant in Utrecht and Egypt, the realization of big solar energy fields in treatment plant locations and roofs of industrial buildings and the development of an innovative battery. Your place of worked will be determined together with you as there are several opportunities to choose from.
In the business-line Energy, water and environment we are working on challenging projects that deliver drinkable water, purify wastewater and generate sustainable energy. Also projects for Tennet and distribution system operators are in our focus area. Furthermore we work towards implementation of innovative techniques and we support start-up ideas. We are not restricted to operations in the Netherlands only but also worldwide (drinking water in Africa, wastewater treatment in Dubai and generating renewable energy in Indonesië). We work in multidisciplinary teams for different clients from water authorities and drinking water companies to big industrial multinationals like beer brewers, food manufacturers and chemical companies.
What we ask
- an enthusiast with a bachelors' or masters' degree in engineering (electrical engineering, energy engineering or technical automation studies) who wants to make the world a better place;
- experience is not necessary, a strong passion for engineering however is;
- you are a team player who likes solving complicated technical problems and, even under stress, stands by high quality standards;
- you are not afraid for challenges within the country or abroad;
- strong communication skills; both orally and written; in English (and preferably in Dutch);
- an entrepreneurial attitude; you like to take responsibility and can work independently.
What we offer
- an attractive career path aimed at personal development and growth;
- variety and versatility in the full spectrum of the electrical engineering field;
- a lot of room for taking initiative and responsibility;
- participation in our recent graduate program with skills training and personal development;
- a competitve salary and good perks;
- working nationwide and internationally;
- after the transition to a contract for an undetermined period a possibility to become shareholder of the company.
Who we are
Witteveen+Bos is an international consultancy and engineering firm offering solutions to complex engineering and social issues in the fields of water, infrastructure, the environment and construction. We aim to work on a high-end, international engineering level. Our staff of more than 1.100 employees work in multidisciplinary project teams on fascinating projects all over the world. Our work requires high level expertise and an eye for quality. We therefore consider personal and professional development essential to the success of our company and we facilitate this development. We also offer abundant room for personal initiative and entrepreneurship.
If you are interested in this job, please apply online. For further references about this vacancy you can contact mr. Wytze Jorritsma BSc, groupleader Electrical engineering Drinking water, telephone 0570 69 76 97 or through email firstname.lastname@example.org. Vacancy number 323-130.