Senior engineer (industrial) wastewater treatment
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Would you like to join us in Vietnam and work on high profile projects that require your wastewater treatment experience?
We are looking for an experienced wastewater treatment engineer for our office in Ho Chi Minh City, who is up to date with stateoftheart process engineering and who is flexible to travel abroad in SouthEast Asia on a regular basis. Your extensive local and international experience will be of added value to ongoing and future projects in the region. Such projects require your wastewater treatment input in the development of wastewater treatment plants, water optimisation studies, and the re-use of water investigations.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Assist in business development for (industrial) water and wastewater topics
- Assist in development of innovative designs
- Lead engineer on project development, (preliminary) design, and construction management services for wastewater treatment projects
- Perform engineering tasks (use computer-assisted engineering as well as design software and equipment)
- Support in directing internal/external resources during project delivery
- Supervise tasks as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Participate in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Ability to lead projects and interface directly with customer/client
- Successfully performing work with minimal supervision; a high degree of responsibility and self-dependence is inherent to the position.
The position of wastewater treatment engineer is part of our Vietnam office, which is one of the three offices we have in SouthEast Asia, next to offices in Singapore and Indonesia. You will often collaborate with wastewater treatment engineers from our office in Indonesia and top experts from the Netherlands. We offer you an opportunity to work at our Vietnam office for one or more years, which is subject to consultation.
What do we ask?
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience in industrial wastewater, municipal water, or related projects in Vietnam and the South-East Asia Region
- Demonstrated expertise and industry/client recognition for water/wastewater projects, especially in treatment processes, contract management, and supervision
- Skilled in report writing, developing technical proposals, and preparing cost estimates
- Experience in preparing design calculations, drawings, and specifications
- Solid project management skills
- A clear preference for teamwork
- Ability to multi-task, to prioritise, and to take direction
- Ability to successfully employ common software used for (waste)water infrastructure projects (such as AutoCAD, GIS, and industry standard hydraulic modelling software)
- Excellent proficiency in English
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking experience.
What do we offer?
- A challenging position in a dynamic organisation
- Cooperation with enthusiastic colleagues in multidisciplinary teams
- Scope for personal initiative and responsibility in projects
- Wide range of internal and external training courses
- Salary commensurate with market standards and good secondary benefits.
Who are we?
Witteveen+Bos is a consultancy and engineering firm offering global solutions to complex engineering and social issues in the fields of water, infrastructure, construction, and the environment. From an inspirational workplace setting, our staff of almost 1,100 employees work in multidisciplinary project teams on fascinating projects in many parts of the world. Our work requires new knowhow and responsibilities all the time, meaning that we consider personal and professional development as being essential to our cause. Therefore, we extensively facilitate and stimulate the growth of our employees, while they themselves aim to maximise their potential and deliver top quality results. In line with this, we offer them scope for personal initiative and entrepreneurship.
Applying for this position
If you are interested in this position, you can send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Vacancy number 00001002019-4/001.