HR lead, Kazakhstan
Would you like to work on a career development program in a global organisation that encourages and facilitates talent and potential and be the linking pin in assuring both corporate and local compliancy?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced HR professional who will help to embed our fast expanding activities in Kazakhstan in a way that fits with our corporate policy and complies with local laws, regulations and (cultural) norms. You will be the go-to person for leadership and support for the local HR staff and line-management. Because of your leading role, you will also be in frequent contact with the corporate HR manager in the Netherlands and will have a strong responsibility in setting and realizing the yearly HR agenda. Part of your work will focus around the development of a personnel (career) development program for our local staff both on hard and soft skills to make them ready for our future activities in the engineering industry and fully blend into our global way of working. You will provide support to develop and implement local processes, and ensure compliance with local legislation and corporate HR policies.
You will be working from our Almaty office with regular visits to the locations (Aktau, Atyrau). You will work closely together with the Almaty based KZ HR manager - who is responsible for local HR compliance - and the NL based international HR manager - who is responsible for the global corporate HR plans.
What we ask
- Completed Academic education in the field of HR Management or Business administration
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in corporate development programs in international companies
- Proficiency in Business English writing, speaking and presentation skills. Knowledge of Kazakh or Russian language is essentia
- Independent, self-starter, ability to take ownership of multiple projects and co-ordinate the execution from start to finish
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good understanding of challenges in a multi-cultural company
What we offer
- An exciting and challenging position in a dynamic organisation with a flat structure that does not rein in your ideas or ambitions
- Plenty of possibilities for showing initiative and taking responsibility
- Encouragement of continued personal and professional development
- Internal and external training courses
- Salary in conformity with the market
Who we are
Witteveen+Bos is a consultancy and engineering firm offering global solutions to complex engineering and social issues in the fields of water, infrastructure, the environment and construction. From an inspirational workplace environment, our staff of more than 1000 employees work in multidisciplinary project teams on fascinating projects in the Netherlands and other countries. Witteveen+Bos has three offices in Kazakhstan. In 1997 we started our activities in Kazakhstan. Since then we have opened three offices: in Aktau (2000), Atyrau (2003) and Almaty (2007). Our work requires new know-how and responsibilities all the time, so we consider personal and professional development essential and we facilitate it. Our employees aim to maximise their potential and deliver top-quality results. We offer scope for personal initiative and entrepreneurship. The shares in our company are held by our own employees.
Applying for this position
If you are interested in this position, please apply online. Information on this vacancy can be obtained from Mr. K. (Krijn) de Brabander, PMC leader Water and environment Kazachstan, telephone: 00 7 701 214 61 11. Vacancy number: 417-107.