Some examples of improving nature values include construction of nature-friendly riverbanks, the shallowing of deep lakes, restoration of streams, creation of reed zones, Room for the River, reconfiguration of wetlands, water storage and the creation of spawning areas and fish migration facilities. Witteveen+Bos works on numerous projects of this kind. They are large and small projects, but all require an integral approach that assembles several of our specialisations such as integrated water management, ecology, land usage, dredging, earthworks, soil and civil engineering.
We are the ideal engineering firm when it comes to bringing together these specialisations. Good harmonisation of the required specialisations assures optimum completion of projects.
We advise our national and international clients on:
- choice of location
- use of materials (earth streams)
- design and contractual documents
- implementation techniques (win-win situations)
- influences on the surroundings
- cost estimate
- overseeing of calls for tenders and work in progress
- process management and project control