Jaap van der Graaf Award
From 1989 to 2009 Jaap van der Graaf was Professor of Waste water treatment at the Faculty of Civil Engineering at Delft University of Technology, and from 1988 to 2003 he was General Manager of Witteveen+Bos Consulting engineers. In honour of his retirement as a professor Witteveen+Bos has established the Jaap van der Graaf Award. The aim is to give a higher profile to Dutch expertise in the field of the urban water system. The prize will be awarded to the student or researcher who wrote the best article in English in 2015 about the urban water system. The prize, which is awarded annually, consists of a cheque of EUR 5,000 and a glass trophy. Participation is open to authors of all nationalities.
Submitted articles should comply with the following conditions:
- the subject is related to the urban water system (including drinking water, wastewater and sewerage) and contributes to a higher profile to Dutch expertise in this field
- the author should be a student at a Dutch university or employed in professional practice in the Netherlands
- if at the time of publication the author is not working (anymore) in the Dutch professional practice, the research should have taken place in the Netherlands
- the article in English must be published in a peer reviewed journal in 2015
- the subject must have practical applicability.
Articles can be submitted by contacting the jury secretary: Dr. M.K. de Kreuk (TU Delft). The latest date for submission is 2 November 2015.
- Professor J.B. van Lier, TU Delft/Unesco-IHE (chair)
- A. de Man, Waterschapsbedrijf Limburg
- Dr J. Roorda, Evides
- Dr A.F. van Nieuwenhuijzen, Witteveen+Bos
- Dr H. Temmink, WUR/Wetsus
The award will be presented, for the seventh time, on 8 January 2016 during the 68th Symposium Water in Cities (‘Vakantiecursus’) in Delft, which is organised by the Department of Watermanagement TU Delft.