Hydrodynamics and morphology
Hydrodynamics and morphology are disciplines that focus on the numerical modelling of waves, tides and currents.
Witteveen+Bos advises national and international clients on:
- waves, currents, tides, storm surges, wave run-ups, drainage of high water, downtime studies
- morphology (like the effect of an intervention in a river on the water bottom settlement or the interaction between submarine pipelines and the sea bed)
- fresh water/salt water, cooling water, oil diffusion
- both quantitatively (numerical models) and qualitatively (expert opinions)
- statistical analyses (extreme values analysis and morphological stochastic methods)